The Seattle Thunderbirds are excited to reveal the promotional and giveaway schedule for the 2018-19 season. The T-Birds will kick off the regular season against the Portland Winterhawks on Saturday, September 22 at 6:05pm at the accesso ShoWare Center.
There will be a Party On The Plaza for the first game of the season with food, music and a beer garden that will start at 3pm. All fans in attendance will receive a T-Birds Magnetic Schedule courtesy of Pat’s Plumbing.
There are nine promotional giveaways for fans during the 2018-19 season. The giveaways include a T-Birds Magnetic schedule courtesy of Pat’s Plumbing, six player magnet nights, T-Birds Team Calendar Night and a Team Poster Night.
2-For-Tuesday nights are back for another season with six home games scheduled on a Tuesday. For each of these six games, fans can purchase two tickets for the price of one. The concession stands will have $2 specials on hot dogs, popcorn, and soft drinks and two-for-one beer prices. The first 2,500 fans in attendance at each 2-for-Tuesday game will receive a limited edition Thunderbirds magnet.
The Thunderbirds Community Sports Foundation will guarantee a minimum prize amount for the 50/50 raffle at three games this season. On November 17 against the Portland Winterhawks, there will be a guaranteed $5,000 prize. There will be a guaranteed $7,500 prize on Saturday, December 29 against the Portland Winterhawks. The final guaranteed 50/50 raffle prize of $10,000 will be Saturday, February 16 when the T-Birds face the Everett Silvertips.
There will be three Pub Nights presented by Dave & Buster’s this season. Fans can purchase 10 tickets, 10 beers and 10 hats for $220 to these games. The Pub Nights will be November 9, February 1, and March 8. Tickets for Pub Night must be purchased prior to game day.
There will be two Youth Group Nights this season; one on Saturday, October 20 and the other on Sunday, January 27. The first 1,000 fans to purchase tickets to a Youth Group Night game will receive a T-Birds hat. There will also be $1 ice cream at the concession stands for all the fans.
The popular Fred Meyer Turkey and Ham shoots will be returning this season. The Fred Meyer Turkey Shoot will take place prior to Thanksgiving on Saturday, November 10. The Fred Meyer Ham Shoot will be held on Saturday, December 8. All females, 18 and older, in attendance will have the opportunity to participate in a puck shoot contest after the game to win a complimentary turkey or ham.
Season Ticket Holder Introduce a Friend to Hockey Night will be Wednesday, November 21 when the T-Birds face the Vancouver Giants. Season ticket holders are encouraged to purchase four premium tickets for $30 or 10 premium tickets for $50 to give out to family and friends to come enjoy a T-Birds game. Tickets must be bought in groups of four or 10.
The T-Birds have teamed up with Les Schwab Tire Centers to collect new, unwrapped toys for needy children at three games in December. The Les Schwab Tire Centers Toy Drive games will be on December 8, December 11 and December 14.
The Fred Meyer Teddy Bear Toss presented by WARM 106.9 FM will be Saturday, January 19 against the Victoria Royals. All teddy bears and other stuffed animals thrown on the ice after the T-Birds first goal of the game will be collected and distributed by the WARM 106.9 FM Teddy Bear Patrol.
Hockey Challenge to benefit the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Western Washington and Alaska (RMHC) is scheduled for Saturday, February 23 against the Portland Winterhawks. The game will have a start time at 6:05pm. In 20 years the Hockey Challenge has raised over $6.2 million for RHMC.
Military Appreciation Night is on Saturday, November 10 when the T-Birds face the Everett Silvertips. Boy Scouts night will be Saturday, December 8 and Boy/Girl Scout Night is Saturday, February 9. The T-Birds will honor the Sno-King Junior Thunderbirds on Sno-King Night on November 30. Support A Sport Night is on Saturday, December 8 against the Everett Silvertips.
The Doxon Toyota of Auburn Mite Fest is Saturday, December 29 and the Doxon Toyota of Auburn Beginner Fest is Sunday March 3.
The annual Mascot Night, when the T-Birds face the Tri-City Americans, is March 3. Fan Appreciation Night is Saturday, March 9 against the Everett Silvertips.
Season Tickets for 2018-19 season are currently on sale. Season tickets can be purchased by calling the T-Birds office at 253-239-7825.
T-Birds single game tickets for the 2018-19 regular season will go on sale August 22 at 10am online on the T-Birds website or at the ShoWare Center box office.
2018-19 THUNDERBIRDS PROMOTION AND GIVEAWAY SCHEDULE
– Saturday, September 22 vs Portland, Opening Night, Party on the Plaza, Pat’s Plumbing Magnet Schedule
– Saturday, October 6 vs. Edmonton, STH Autograph session
– Tuesday, October 16 vs. 2-For-Tuesday, T-Birds Magnet 1
– Saturday, October 20 vs. Tri-City, Youth Group Night 1
– Friday, November 9 vs. Kelowna, Pub Night 1 presented by Dave & Buster’s
– Saturday, November 10 vs. Everett, Military Appreciation Night, Fred Meyer Turkey Shoot
– Tuesday, November 13 vs. Spokane, 2-For-Tuesday, T-Birds Magnet 2
– Saturday, November 17 vs. Portland, Thunderbirds Community Sports Foundation guaranteed $5,000 50/50 prize
– Wednesday, November 21 vs. Vancouver, Season Ticket Holder Introduce a Friend to Hockey Night
– Friday, November 30 vs. Kootenay, Sno-King Night
– Saturday, December 8 vs. Everett, Support a Sport, Fred Meyer Ham Shoot, Boy Scout Night, Les Schwab Tire Centers Toy Drive
– Tuesday, December 11 vs. Prince George, 2-For-Tuesday, T-Birds Magnet 3, Les Schwab Tire Centers Toy Drive
– Friday, December 14 vs Spokane, Les Schwab Tire Centers Toy Drive
– Friday, December 28 vs. Prince George, Team Calendar Giveaway, Accesso 10 Year Anniversary
– Saturday, December 29 vs. Portland, Thunderbirds Community Sports Foundation guaranteed $7,500 50/50 prize, Doxon Toyota Mite Fest
– Saturday, January 19 vs. Victoria, Fred Meyer Teddy Bear Toss presented by WARM 106.9 FM
– Tuesday, January 22 vs. Spokane, 2-For-Tuesday, T-Birds Magnet 4
– Sunday, January 27 vs. Kamloops, Youth Group Night 2
– Friday, February 1 vs. Everett, Pub Night 2 presented by Dave & Buster’s
– Friday, February 8 vs. Portland, Parents Weekend, Mental Health Night
– Saturday, February 9 vs. Medicine Hat, First Responders Night, Parents Weekend, Boy & Girl Scouts Night
– Tuesday, February 12 vs. Tri-City, 2-For-Tuesday, T-Birds Magnet 5
– Saturday, February 16 vs. Everett, Thunderbirds Community Sports Foundation guaranteed $10,000 prize
– Saturday, February 23 vs. Portland, Hockey Challenge to benefit Ronald McDonald House Charities of Western Washington & Alaska
– Sunday, March 3 vs. Tri-City, Mascot Night, Doxon Toyota Beginner Fest
– Friday, March 8 vs. Victoria, Pub Night 3 presented by Dave & Buster’s
– Saturday, March 9 vs. Everett, Fan Appreciation Night, Team Poster Giveaway
– Tuesday, March 12 vs. Vancouver, 2-For-Tuesday, T-Birds Magnet 6
– Saturday, March 16 vs. Portland, Team Poster, Team Award