Gig Harbor Wings and Wheels is back for its eighth year with airshows featuring aerobatic performances, fly-overs, airplane, car and motorcycle displays, live music, food, a beer garden and kids’ activities.
The air show and car show, which is presented by the Tacoma Events Commission, will be held at Tacoma Narrows Airport, 1202 26th Ave. NW in Gig Harbor. The event runs from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m. on June 30 and 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. on July 1.
“We are excited to expand Gig Harbor Wings and Wheels to two days,” said Doug Fratoni, Gig Harbor Wings and Wheels director. “This will be the only airshow in Pierce County this year. Come out to Gig Harbor to see amazing airplanes while getting your car and motorcycle show fix at the same time.”
Highlighted performances and activities include:
- Smoke-N-Thunder jet car racing down the runway at 300 miles per hour
- Olympic Flight Museum flying an AH-1 Cobra attack helicopter and Bell UH-1 Huey
- World War II P-51D Mustang flyover
- Vietnam-era TA-4J Skyhawk fighter jet flyover
- 1943 Boeing Stearman biplane flying aerobatics
- West Coast Raven RV team flying formations
- Extra 300C flying aerobatics
- Live music by: U.S Army Rock Band “Courage,” Kim Archer, The Spud Makers, The Jim Valley Project with Jim Valley of Paul Revere and the Raiders.
Private airplane and helicopter rides will be available at an additional cost. Details will be available at the gate.
A full schedule of events is available at www.freedomfair.com/wings-and-wheels
Tickets are available at www.freedomfair.com/wings-and-wheels or at the door. Tickets for adults 18 and older are $15 in advance/$20 at the door, seniors are $10 in advance/$15 at the door, military ID holders are $10 in advance/$15 at the door. Tickets are $10 for children ages 5 to 17, while those ages 4 and under get in free. VIP Chalet tickets are $50 and include admission, reserved shaded seating, catered lunch, and soft drinks.
Les Schwab, Smoke-N-Thunder Jetcar and Veterans of Operation Iraqi/Enduring Freedom (VOIEF) are partnering to offer free tickets to current and former military personnel. Visit any Les Schwab Tire Center in Pierce County and show your military or VA ID. Mention Jetcar or VOIEF. This offer is available while supplies last.